Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stream of Consciousness Treadmill

Today, as I plodded along on the treadmill, Rammstein's "Du Hast" started to play. Just as I was about to "skip track" (wasn't feeling like leather n chains at the moment) I realized, I was moving faster. I guess anger has its benefits, too. :) "I wonder what they're saying? Probably something along the lines of kill everyone who doesn't have blonde hair or something..." Then, I choked back a giggle. Just as an aside: I have since gotten a membership at the Y instead of struggling to find a parking space at the college. YMCA having nothing to do with Young or Men at this particular Y. It's mostly filled with elderly people, and that's A-okay with me. :) But at any rate, I try to turn down my music because I'm afraid that if the person next to me could hear, they'd probably be offended by the music blaring in my ears. But I digress. The giggle... While listening to Rammstein, kind of scared and excited, like I was getting away with something, I was reminded of the scene in RocknRolla where Gerard Butler is finally taken captive by the Russian thugs. Okay okay, I realize Rammstein is German but the music they're playing while Gerard Butler is strapped to the bed is awwwefully similar. Then I just about crap my pants because some old guy walks into my vision and then I think, "What if I really did laugh and someone asked me what I was laughing about??"

"WHAT?!?! Let me turn down my kill-your-daddy-fuck-your-momma music!!! Oh...the laughing? Well, I was just listening to Rammstein thinking about Gerard Butler about to be tortured by sadomasochists in this really funny movie that's, like, my favorite....Where are you going?"

So, then I start thinking, I've been asked many many many many (get the point...many) times if I'm German. Even my husband's grandmother (who is off the Bratwurst boat) clapped her hands together when we first met, all a-grin, somewhat of a hungry look on her face: "So...are you German?!" People have truly walked up to me speaking German. (Silly me for being lost after, "Hallo!" or "Hi!")  Perhaps its the blonde hair and stature? Perhaps I carry an air of masochism? All in all I will definitely keep teasing my husband about his kraut-ness just as he gears me for my mick-ness. Anyone who's angry or drunk is Irish. :) It's our curse.

So, this blog might not have a point, per say, but I did it in the Irish style: stream of consciousness. So, Pog Mo Hoin, errrr somethin'. :)

2 comments:

  1. So I've heard that Rammstein's lyrics are actually quite dumb compared to how evil they might sound. At the end of one of their CD's he actually sings a song in English and it makes me giggle because his voice sounds really dumb speaking English. But anyhow. I looked up the lyrics to Du Hast in English for you (of course I'm sure it makes more sense in German):

    You
    You hate
    You hate me

    ^ repeat X5


    You hate me
    You hate me to say
    You hate me to say
    You hate me to say and I did not obey

    Will you until death does sever
    Be upright to her forever...

    Never
    Never

    Will you until death does sever
    Be upright to her forever...

    Never
    Never

    You
    You hate
    You hate me
    You
    You hate
    You hate me


    You
    You hate
    You hate me
    You hate me
    You hate me to say
    You hate me to say
    You hate me to say and I did not obey

    Will you until death does sever
    Be upright to her forever...

    Never
    Never

    Will you 'til death be her rider
    Her lover too, to stay inside her...

    Never
    Never

    Will you until death does sever be upright...

    Never
    Never

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I always think of you when I hear this song. It only plays through, like, verse 1 and then you're all, "Well, I'm sure no one else wants to listen to that..." and I'm thinking, "No, I'm quite pleased with it, actually." I don't listen to it with the kids 'cause I think they might take up arms against us or something. We try to stick to Jack Johnson and the like. :)

    ReplyDelete