Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Phew...

Sorry about my last post. Debbie Downer signed in under my name. Sometimes I need to back up, stop the introspection and just face-plant into a great big cupcake. I know, I know, sugar is Satan and whatnot, but just add that to my long list of legal addictive substances I tend to imbibe. Sugar is my way of saying that sometimes, in the thick of things, one must find that little glimmer of happiness-- even if it's totally temporal and even trite. Sometimes, food (or wine, or music, or a drive, or smelling coffee brewing, or hearing your children laugh, or whatever) really does make things better. For, if one can be tossed into the tempest of life's questions without explanation, then one can be rescued from it by something equally inexplicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment