Monday, June 20, 2011

How do you say, "Hypochondria" in Spanish?

 
Yet another Spanish exam finished-- woot! Our oral exams (or, as I call them, "talkies", 'cause oral makes them sound fun...and they are NOT fun) are basically a nerve-wracking leading of the supposedly bi-lingual student to slaughter. Thank God they're at least not like speech class in that we choose groups of 3 and we have to have a conversation with those people on the surprise topic given by the instructor. "Surprise! Talk about what you did last weekend using perfect past tense-- go!" Today, thank God, the topic was, "Talk about the last time you were sick." Awesome! I don't know if it's because that stuff stuck in my head more than the latin emtionicons from the last chapter or that I'm a complete hypochondriac, but I think I did well, and that's all that counts. I've been stressing this class since I bombed the first exam (in my defense we were moving at the time and it was comprehensive Spanish 1&2 plus a new chapter- excuses excuses). But, as I read back over some of my blogs last night I realized I am usually stressed I'm going to fail, and then I don't. It's like I'm looking to produce sweat equity in my classes-- like I need to worry about failing, otherwise I will totally fail. Stupid, I know, and emotionally draining. Well, for the next week, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to NYC with my husband and I'm going to enjoy myself. Hopefully I'll recharge the batteries enough to hit the books hard and make up for that test bomb earlier. ;) 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you're like me and you work better under pressure so you create your own pressure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete