Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jonesin' for Autumn

So, yesterday was back to school for my kids and it's still a milliondy degrees outside. Such is life in Florida. The search for school clothes was an interesting one this year. Apparently retailers are run by cooperate offices that are NOT on the equator, like we are, and so do not manufacture shorts after June. Greeeat. So, it's either send my kids to school in summer clothes (which are too short, and I'm not raising a hooch) or in jeans, which they'll pass out in. Instead, I scoured the stores to find shorts and light-weight pants to get us through. Super Mom! Yesterday also happened to be McDonald's Day!
I got this, because the amazing heat made me really really thirsty. It tasted like cough medicine, but it was zero calories, sweetened with stevia and non-caffeinated, so I dealt.

The kids, of course, got the usual. ;)

Including "Gutsy" Smurf. I LOVE that Gusty wears a kilt. Let's be real-- it takes (ahem) guts to wear a kilt.

Second day duds-- Twinkle Toes and all. That sweater was crumpled at the bottom of her backpack when I picked her up. "Did you bring me some juice?! I'm really hot!"

Pirate Polo doing his safari puzzle. We all pitched in to finish it so we could get to school on time. :)


How did your first day go?
What do you do when you get caught behind a school bus?

5 comments:

  1. Haha, yes! This is my first time experiencing that. Every time I go shopping I find that all of the clothes that are going to be even slightly seasonal for the next few months are all on clearance and all of the new clothes are sweaters, jeans, and long-sleeve shirts. I can't imagine wearing jeans and long-sleeves in this weather, yikes!

    Your kiddos are total cuties, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, pretty much a light sweater or sweatshirt is as cold as we get here, too. Like, I buy my kids' winter clothes in pre-Fall. Hopefully it will cool off soon. I'm dieing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when im caught behind a school bus i honestly sing (mostly in my head, but sometimes aloud) "the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round... the wheels on the bus...) etc. hehe

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey-- that's absolutely fantastic. Now that's stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a good first day, but, man, I'm tired after a full week of school and routine. This is going to be an adjustment for all of us!

    ReplyDelete