Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beer Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


When my mom was pregnant with me, she received a beer bread recipe from her neighbor that was simple, easy, and delicious. Here's how:




Beer Bread

12oz (NOT LIGHT!) Beer
3 cups self-rising flour
3 TB sugar

Mix all ingredients and pour into a sprayed and floured baking pan.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Turn off the oven and let the bread sit inside for 15 more minutes.
Enjoy!

Now, if you'd like to take it up a notch, slice this loaf and put spinach, sauteed onions and cheese (and whatever) between the slices and grill it! A bit messy, but worth it.

10 comments:

  1. Dude... I love it! So easy but I'm sure delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so easy, but so delicious at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe that bread is that easy! I am so going to try this. YIpee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Messy? Beer? Bread? Spinach?

    Everything about those sandwiches is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it about beer bread that we love so much?! I just used a brand box recipe for beer bread, sub. Ginger beer. The result was a much sweeter bread but just as delicious.
    Your recipe looks like any beginner bread maker could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beer Bread - yum!! What a great sandwich with this bread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! That's hot, pretty much a world class grilled cheese sammich. I love beer bread :) Buzzed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just three ingredientes for a bread...I can't believe it...this is something I should try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang, I LOVE recipes like that! ...and you turned it into a grilled cheese? GENIUS! ....and buzzed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulous easy bread recipe! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete