Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Birthday Belly-ache Edition of WIAW



Joining in the fun over at Peas and Crayons again, though a little late this time. Well, there's no time like the present, I say-- especially if they're birthday presents! So, here's my noms for my birthday weekend. My body was sure to let me know all that food in a 72 hour period was a bad decision, but hey, live and learn, right? 

Guiness Stout Brownies, a new recipe I found and had to try.

Elise's baked spaghetti. This recipe is simple and I've never met anyone who doesn't think it's to die for.

It's not my birthday without store-bought cupcakes with buttercreme frosting. Birthday = Buttercreme.

Just so happens the boxed BluRay set of Star Wars came out on my birthday weekend-- so Scott and my daughter watched it (and she commandeered his light saber app 'til his phone died).

Courtesy of Mom and Scott: Caesar salad, grilled eggplant and filet mignon. Um, noms!

MUCH coffee and pumpkin muffins

Okay, I confess, I ate an entire Ritter Sport in a sitting. Well, I was cooking at the time, but still...
NOTE: this is not my tattoo! (Yet.)
My father-in-law graciously took us all out to Cracker Barrel for lunch as well, where I got the carbohydrate vegetable platter or greens, dumplins, mac n cheese and fried apples. 

Shhhh! Can you hear that? It's my arteries clogging! I promise my WIAW will be much healthier next week. :)



7 comments:

  1. Ritter Sport - so good. I think because they stick "Sport" in the name, we all think we can eat them in good health. But seriously, once in a while never hurts. That buttercream on the other hand.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I do not plan to spend my birthday dieting or worrying about what I eat and I am glad you did not either. After all it is your day-you might as well enjoy it. Great food pics-now I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthdays = eating whatever the heck you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday...I say eat what you want today! (and Star Wars is awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had an AWESOME birthday!!
    Those brownies look SO good! :) I love Ritter Sport chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete