Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Elise's Baked Spaghetti

Per usual, I was picking my friend's brain as to what to make for a special occasion. We batted ideas around until she said, "Do you want my baked spaghetti recipe?" Not only "Yeah," but, "Hell yeah!" was what I believe I shouted (through IM, of course). It was the perfect recipe. I had guests coming for the weekend, it's easy and simple and I've never encountered anyone who doesn't love this dish. Perfect.

Elise's Baked Southwest Spaghetti

Ingredients
2 lbs of ground meat
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped

2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of milk
1 can of diced tomatoes (for more spice you can use the diced tomatoes with peppers in it)
1- 16 oz. pkg. of Velveeta cheese (I use Mexican mild)- the original recipe called for half regular and half Mexican mild but I just use the whole thing of Mexican mild.

1 large package of cooked spaghetti

Cooking Instructions
Brown ground meat with onion and green pepper.

Heat cream of mushroom soup, milk, diced tomatoes and Velveeta cheese in saucepan, until cheese is melted.

Cook spaghetti noodles until done. Combine ground meat mixture, cheese mixture and noodles in a 13 x 9 pan (I use an aluminum one for easy cleanup) and cook in oven for 20 to 30 minutes at 350. 

2 comments: