Thursday, September 29, 2011

Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Feta

My new favorite site for food inspiration is Pinterest.com (along with helping me waste copious amounts of time). When I saw the post from Kalyn's Kitchen for Sweet Potato Salad, I had to try it. I did modify it a bit-- I used my indoor grill (though it would probably be even better outdoors, like Kalyn suggests) and I made the dressing myself. At any rate, this little "side" dish stole the show.


Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Feta

Ingredients
2 Large-ish sweet potatoes
Olive oil
Grill
1/2 cup crumbled feta
Bottled salad dressing (oil and vinegar type) or, make your own!

Here's what I put in mine:
1/4 cup olive oil
2TB white wine vinegar
fresh basil
oregano
salt and pepper
TB stone ground mustard (I love mustard with sweet potatoes)
1/2 lemon

Method
Wash sweet potatoes and wrap in damp paper towels. Microwave until tender. (5 mins?)
Cut the potatoes into cubes. If using an outdoor grill, it may be best to slice into 1/2" thick "medallions" so they won't slide through the grill and then cube them after grilling.
Brush olive oil on both sides of potatoes and grill 'til they look pretty. :)
Toss in a bowl with remaining ingredients, including dressing.
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Yummy I love sweet potatoes! This looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! Grilled sweet potatoes are a favorite and how cool that you made it into a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love sweet potatoes and feta together. The sweet and salty combo rock!

    ReplyDelete