Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Falling Off the Bandwagon What I Ate Wednesday


Tuck and roll, baby! Pretty much after I posted my Going Strong [vegetarian] WIAW for Peas and Crayons last week, the carnage cravings started-- for real. When the cravings went on to mess with how I felt physically-- achy, tired, depressed, it was time to eat some meat. Even as I wrote my review for Eating Animals, I was browning beef for my spaghetti sauce. I have learned through this experience, though, that my heart is in the right place, but full-on vegetarian is not who I am. It's nice to get in touch with my paleolithic side. :) So, after making it 23 days without meat, here's what I came up with:
Cup of coffee on the way out the door. (Like our flashcards taped to the door? Classy, I know.)
Steak and egg/whites with Texas Pete, of course...oh, and another cup of coffee.

Aren't these cute?!? Way to go, Krispie Kreme! (Mine are the ugly ones on the bottom left: pumpkin spice.)

After grocery shopping, I treated myself to 2 servings of Combos and a Diet Dr. Pepper (my favs!) and I bagged up the rest of the Combos for the kids. :)
Tuna in a pita with LOTS of pickles...and some obligatory vegetables.

Oh yes! And, I finally received my diploma from FSU! Woot! Now I have proof!
Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. 23 days with no animal protein is awesome. Do what you can, when you can. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finally getting your diploma! Now its time so frame that expensive piece of paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your diploma!!! Going veg, even for a little bit, is a good thing. It helps you know your body better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your diploma!! 23 days is quite a feat, no way I could make it that long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your diploma! Your story reminded me about how I was vegetarian until I started dating my husband, at which point I realized that the steak sitting across the restaurant table from me looked and smelled better than what I was eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the diploma! What an amazing achievement! It sounds like you have a pretty busy life, so it's fantastic that you managed to squeeze in the study. You clearly have lots of self discipline and determination!
    I think it's great that you tried the veggie thing this month. Even incorporating a few veggie meals into the monthly repertoire can help reduce our impact on the environment. It doesn't have to be an 'all or nothing' approach. All the changes I've made in my life have tended to be incremental and taken at a baby step pace. Much easier to finely tune and tweak our lives than go for a huge overhawl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on receiving your diploma! I didn't realize you were in Florida (me, too!). I think it's wonderful that you made it so far with no meat...it's not an easy thing to do!

    ReplyDelete