Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Night Fail



Epic fail for our Friday night appetizer and movie event-- unless you're interested in empty wonton wrappers, of course. Oh, and no movie. (Apparently my children are not as in to movies as I am.) Meanwhile, this amazing cheesiness was supposed to substitute for the immense cravings for meat I've developed. I must admit, I've never been into carnage. I have never ever, in my life, craved a big juicy cheeseburger (though I've eaten them, to be sure) or gotten giddy over bacon frying, or voluntarily bellied up to a rack o' ribs. Now, 22 days after starting this whole venture, I can say I'm not a vegetarian. It's nice to rule that out . . . to discover this part of myself . . . the carnivorous part. When I walk in the grocery store, all I can smell is the ready-made fried chicken. I seriously want to face-plant into a bowl of sausage and peppers or cut into a bloody steak or even stuff myself with a pulled pork sandwich. I feel weak and kind of out of it and not a little depressed (AND yes, I'm eating healthy, whole foods and taking supplements and vitamins). I'm holding out simply for the prize money-- which inevitably I will only win if I DON'T keep my promise (See?! Not eating meat makes me think like Eeyore.). But, since this is a year of self-discovery and of happiness, I can say this experience is providing me with both-- I am discovering that my self is not completely happy with zero meat. In the future, less meat is alright. No meat? No way.

11 comments:

  1. I've always lived by the philosophy, if god didn't want us to eat animals... why did he make them taste like meat...

    Sorry about that empty wonton thing. At least you've got a nice cheesy puddle to drag those crisp wontons through

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It's not for everyone. I think the key is moderation. Clearly 5 burgers a week is not good, but every so often there's nothing like a tasty burger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big mess you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahahahahahaha! Sometimes our bodies tell us what to eat... and unless my body is telling me to eat 5000 cheese puffs or a golfish, I'm quite partial to listening to it =) haha

    thanks for the belly laugh girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! I think maybe freeze the cheese before you fry? I gave up meat for lent on year - both hubby and I did. We had Steak for Easter!

    BTW - I'm sorry I didn't do this before - but I'm now following you on Google Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good call on freezing beforehand, Ann. Yeah, at first the no meat thing was fun, now I'm losing steam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to be vegetarian many years ago. It didn't work for me either, I really craved chicken and fish and the occasional burger and steak! At least you can say you gave it a good shot and really, there is nothing wrong with eating meat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite the cheese blow out!! sorry it didn't turn out, they sound like the perfect non-movie snack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. poor wontons! eat the meat with the moderation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not that much of a meat eater but I have to say that when pregnant, all I wanted was beef burgers... Also I think when you tell yourself you "can't" have something,it just makes you want more!
    Sorry about the wontons, but I see you later resolved this with the s'mores concoction! :)

    ReplyDelete