Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Happy!


Happy World Vegetarian Day! Okay, so, all pretension and restriction aside, I've always had vegetarian leanings. Today, since today starts Vegetarian Awareness Month (and NAVS is sponsoring a drawing to win up to $1,000 smack-er-oos if you go veg for a month!), I'm going vegetarian for the month of October.  Here are the points I intend to stick to:

Eat what makes me happy
Enjoy this experience
Discover new dishes for our family to enjoy
Prove to myself that I CAN eat vegetarian without becoming a CARBivore

Would you ever go vegetarian for a day, week, month?
If you're already vegetarian-- any helpful suggestions for me?

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I think you'll really enjoy this experience. My suggestion would be to look at Asian cuisines for inspiration. There is a ton of vegetarian options and the dishes always have tons of flavor!

    ReplyDelete