Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Clash of Kings

Let the nerdery continue!! So, as much as I loved the first of George RR Martin's books, I loved the second more. Who would have thought Martin could draw me in after killing off many of my favorite characters? After my mourning period from A Game of Thrones, I jumped into this book (all 950+ pages of it) and found myself fully engrossed. I certainly hope HBO has picked this up for another season: it just keeps getting better. I told my husband the other day that this is the first adult fantasy series I've ever truly been enthralled with (I have no shame in my love for Harry Potter and other juvenile literature). Thank you, George R.R. Martin, for making taking this genre to a whole new level. :)

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of a Game of Thrones, but had no idea what it was about. Seriously? Adult fantasy? I LOVED Harry Potter, but hesitate on other books similar to it, because I always end up disappointed.

    I believe this may go on my reading list! Thanks!

    Nerds UNITE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll read that, looks good and I loved Harry Potter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ever read Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson? I just finished the first trilogy and I believe it to be one of my first great adult fantasy loves.

    ReplyDelete